Welcome to Dubai British School Admissions. The DBS Admissions Office is open from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Sunday to Thursday. School tours are conducted on a scheduled basis - please enquire with Reception for booking.
Before Applying to DBS
We recommend checking our current tuition fees and contacting us to schedule a school tour. Please also check the admissions availability by year group. If the waiting pool is open, applications are being accepted and places may be offered, however availability is not guaranteed.
How to Apply to DBS
• Completed Application
• Copy of the child’s school reports for the current and previous academic years (currently we require reports for Term 1 of 2016/17, and End of Year for 2015/16)
• Copy of the child’s passport, birth certificate, residency visa* and Emirates ID*
• Copy of each parent/guardian’s passport and Emirates ID*
• 4 passport-sized photos (or 1 digital passport-sized photos for overseas families)
• For children applying from overseas, a transfer certificate is required by the time of joining DBS but not at the time of application
• If submitting the application via email, the credit card authorisation form
*Note for overseas families: residency visas, Emirates IDs and transfer certificates are not required at the time of application for overseas families, but must be submitted to DBS by the KHDA registration deadline (generally 30th September)
Acceptance of an application does not guarantee availability or placement.
All children are assessed prior to entry - please click here for more information.
For overseas applicants, assessments may be completed from abroad. The Registrar will contact you regarding your child’s current school facilitating an assessment and a reference.
For Secondary applicants (Years 7 to 12), DBS will contact your child’s current school for a reference.
You will be notified of an admission decision shortly following the assessment.
• If an offer is made, parents have two weeks to return acceptance paperwork and pay a non-refundable deposit which will be deducted from the joining term’s fees.
• If Waitlisted, your child is in the year group waiting pool and you will be notified once a place becomes available. Regretfully, we are unable to guarantee placement for all children in the waiting pool.
• If we are unable to accept your child, your child may be invited for re-assessment at a future date or the application may be withdrawn.